This is to introduce the blog of justablefriends. Follow us for Community updates, events, news about friends in and around Littlehampton, get togethers, above all else, we find ways to help or be helped to be fully included in the Local Community.
Recognise this? Floods get on my wick!
We have ha some difficult times but it’s not always like this. See around Littlehampton, see the sea; see the record-breaking bench; see stunning architecture and above all, see great places to drink, greet friends and eat!
Can you identify these places and where they are in the outskirts of Littlehampton. (Not too far).
21. Steps at the front but access from the rear, past the parrot! This is really on the way out (from the Shopmobility shop).
22. Slurping soup, rain, hail or sunshine here. Good for access and being thrown out!
23. Still in the centre – Just. But on the way out.
24. Not just for fishermen or sailors.
25. Easy access to the river Arun – beware of the swans and check your breaks.
26. Facing the river and the future meaning of ‘fish & chips’.
27. One of many – all claim to offer the best!
28. Another one of many watering holes having the same illustrious name.
Brief pelican? Or landlocked Albatros?
Back to the old days. TRADERS AND DISABLED AROUND THE BACK
30. Last half before fresh air and fun!
31. Plenty of choice – when they’re open! and quiet when closed.
32. Western end of world’s longest bench? but this section is not for sitting!
33. Or is it a climbing frame for the children?
34. Amid much controversy and many appeals to spend the (donated) money on other things, Littlehampton approved and promoted ‘the Longest Bench in The World’ as part of its Town Renewal programme. The vandal proof shelters for the curly bits at each end were as costly as they were incomprehensible! But they do compose a good picture.
34. Not vandelised – (artistic licence!) or was an escaped elephant having a rest?
35. A very long rest.
36. Hard, strong and very, very long
37. East end of the longest curliest bench.
Did you say it looks like a bird? Or did I misshear you?
38. beach hut or cafe … or
39. A bite of burnt toast? Could be one of Charlie’s monsterousj carbuncles.
40. Just in case. Looking back towards BOGNOR and beyond.
Identify the locations if you can. The captions don’t necessarily help but the sequence does.